HP OpenVMS Systems

ask the wizard
Content starts here

Seeking CORBA or RPC middleware?

» close window

The Question is:

We have a need to communicate from VMS apps to an application server on another
 system. This application server is CORBA-complient (for RMI-IIOP), and of
 course supports HTTP. What software libraries are available for either using
 CORBA (must be latest ve
rsion - 2.3 I believe), or HTTP. Hopefully this software will implement some
 portable API.

The Answer is :

  Please visit http://www.hp.com/go/dspp, view the partner information,
  and try a quick search of the products & services catalog for CORBA or
  other such -- you may (will?) find pointers to various companies
  offering CORBA- and CORBA-related products on OpenVMS.  (The OpenVMS
  Wizard is not in a position to address the particular version(s) of
  the CORBA standards  offered by these companies.)
  Another typical solution used on OpenVMS for this environment involves
  the COM/DCOM communications, or the various DCE components, or any of
  various other networking or RPC options.

answer written or last revised on ( 26-AUG-2004 )

» close window