HP OpenVMS Systems

ask the wizard
Content starts here

License(s) Needed for Networking?

» close window

The Question is:

Do we need a license pak to start networking?

The Answer is :

  You do not mention if you seek off-node operations or simply to
  start the network, nor do you mention which network protocol(s)
  are of interest.
  You will typically want to have the DVNETEND (DECnet end-node),
  DVNETEXT (DECnet extended-function), or DVNETRTG (DECnet routing)
  license, or the UCX (TCP/IP Services) license, or the
  NET-APP-SUP-level (various networking functions can be licensed
  by the NAS license, depending on the particular NAS level).

answer written or last revised on ( 15-JUN-2001 )

» close window