HP OpenVMS Systems

ask the wizard
Content starts here

Batch-oriented Character Editing?

» close window

The Question is:

In a file how can i do a mass replacement of a character. is there a Lexical
 function for this type of problem.

The Answer is :

  Tools such as Perl or one of the available text editors, most
  There is no DCL lexical function for character replacement.

answer written or last revised on ( 28-JUN-2001 )

» close window