HP OpenVMS Systems

ask the wizard
Content starts here

TCP/IP Services License PAK? (take II)

» close window

The Question is:

I need to know, what exact license we
need to install UCX (telnet server)
onto an OpenVMS machine.

The Answer is :

  This and many other similar questions are answered in the OpenVMS
  Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).  The OpenVMS FAQ section on
  resolving license PAK problems can also be of some interest here.
  Most OpenVMS systems are sold with one of the NET-APP-SUP (NAS)
  license product authorization keys, and details on particularly
  what products are authorized by a NAS license are listed in the
  NAS Software Product Description (SPD).  Different NAS licenses
  authorize different products, with higher levels typically
  licensing more products.
  Most SPDs are available via a URL pointer in the OpenVMS FAQ, and
  the NAS SPDs are specifically available.
  Related topics include:
    (1559), (2414), (3522), (3950) (5571), (5980), (6615), (7520),
    and (8041).  The FAQ and topic (8041) are particularly useful.

answer written or last revised on ( 21-JAN-2003 )

» close window