Web-Based Enterprise Management (WBEM) is a Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) standard based on the Common Information Management (CIM) model. WBEM enables customers to manage systems consistently across multiple platforms and operating systems, providing integrated solutions to optimize infrastructure for higher operational efficiency. WBEM enables management applications to retrieve system information and request system operations as required.
HP WBEM solutions for OpenVMS include HP WBEM Services and HP WBEM Providers for
the OpenVMS Operating Environments include:
Note: HP supports VM Provider only from OpenVMS V8.4 onwards, where OpenVMS
is supported as a guest OS under HP Integrity VM.
Documentation for HP WBEM Solutions can be found at:
The HP WBEM Solutions for OpenVMS integrates with the rest of HP's WBEM services and applications. Program information can be found on the HP WBEM Solutions
Hardware requirements: HP Integrity server
Software requirements: OpenVMS V8.3-1H1 and
V8.4 (Integrity servers)
- On rx2800 i2 servers, prior to installing the WBEM kits you must have the VMS84I_UPDATE-V0500 or later mandatory patch installed and running.
- On BL8x0c i2 blade servers, prior to installing the WBEM kits you must have the VMS84I_UPDATE-V0200 or later mandatory patch installed and running.
HP System Insight Manager (SIM) requirements:
- HP SIM 6.2 or later for HP Integrity rx2800 i2 servers running OpenVMS V8.4.
- HP SIM 6.1 or later for HP Integrity BL8x0c i2 blade servers
running OpenVMS V8.4.
- HP SIM 6.0 or later for HP Integrity servers running OpenVMS V8.4.
- HP SIM 5.2 or later for OpenVMS V8.3-1H1.
» Send your questions, comments, and suggestions