Integrity server certified
AlphaServer system ready
The Job Access and Management System (JAMS) is an enterprise-class batch job scheduler that enables companies across all industries to completely automate and integrate batch processing for data
centers running HP OpenVMS systems. Using JAMS, systems managers, developers, and operations managers can automate the entire life cycle of batch job processing, from the initial end-user request, to
scheduling jobs, to monitoring jobs for successful completion and distributing the information enterprisewide. Its ease of implementation, streamlined processing, and simplified command structure
help eliminate repetitive, commodity-driven tasks, which helps the enterprise increase system reliability and lower its total cost of operations.
By scheduling specific jobs to be run in a specific order, IT organizations can use JAMS to implement business processes that depend on executing multiple tasks across different applications. JAMS
manages the jobs and dependencies between platforms so that business processes flow in the correct order and without interruption.
- Time and event-based scheduling
- Flexible, dependency-based scheduling, such as the completion of another job or the value of a JAMS variable
- Scheduling based on the status of resources such as disk I/O, memory utilization, database lock contention, or network bandwidth
- Multiple job stream setup for streamlined task management
- Powerful parameter handling of up to 255 parameters per job
- Instant online access to job execution history
Taking advantage of the reliability and scalability of HP OpenVMS systems on AlphaServer systems, JAMS simplifies the complexities of batch job processing for even the most demanding processing
environments. Running on HP Integrity servers, JAMS optimizes the utilization of IT assets to deliver a streamlined, high-powered job scheduling solution. As a result, IT organizations maintain the
highest levels of uptime and reduce IT resource investments.
» More information about JAMS